Research interests: Theory of Automata, Timed and Hybrid Systems, Verification, Synthesis and Monitoring of Systems, Scheduling and Planning, Systems Biology.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Oded Maler was born in 21.2.57 in Haifa, Israel. He obtained his B.A. in Computer Science from the Technion,
Dr. Maler is the founder and honorary president of the association Charlatans Sans Frontieres.
· Our group is looking for a PhD student
· Workshop: Formal and Informal Methods for Correctness and Performance, Marrakech, May 2nd
· FORMATS 2013 Buenos Aires
· Paul Caspi: 1944-2012
· Events: HSCC, HSB, SFBT, RV, AISoS, HAS,
· Workshop: Frontiers in Analog CAD (FAC) , Berkeley CA, February 14-15, 2013
· SpaceEx: The State-space Explorer (new release)
· Discrete and Hybrid Methods in Systems Biology (slides, June 2012)
· Research on Analog Circuit Verification at Verimag Toward AMS verification (slides)
· Second Workshop: Toward Systems Biology , Grenoble 30/5-1/6/2011 slides
· Amir Pnueli and the Dawn of Hybrid Systems, Slides
· Timed and Hybrid Systems research at Verimag 2005-2009 Slides, February 2010
Reachability for Continuous and Hybrid Systems RP 2009 (good slides) Continuous Systems Verification
· On the Potential Roles of Informatics in Biology (slides, revised December 2008)
· At Least Now Poems (in Hebrew), 1978.
· P. Tendulkar, P. Poplavko, O. Maler, Symmetry Breaking for Multi-Criteria Mapping and Scheduling on Multicores, 2013
· A Donze, T. Ferrere, O. Maler, Efficient Robust Monitoring for STL, CAV 2013
· JF. Kempf, M. Bozga, O. Maler, As Soon as Probable: Optimal Scheduling under Stochastic Uncertainty, TACAS 2013 Slides
· S. Stoma, A. Donze, F. Bertaux, O. Maler, G. Batt, STL-based analysis of TRAIL-induced apoptosis challenges the notion of type I/type II cell line classification, PLoS Comp. Biology, 2013
· E. Pourcelot, N. Mobilia, A. Donze, F. Louis, O. Maler, P. Mossuz, E. Fanchon, JM Moulis, Cellular Iron Regulation in Animals: Need and Use of Suitable Models, 2012
· A. Donze, O. Maler, E. Bartocci, D. Nickovic, R. Grosu, S. Smolka, On Temporal Logic and Signal Processing, ATVA 2012
· S. Saidi, P. Tendulkar, T. Lepley, O. Maler, Optimal 2D Data Partitioning for DMA Transfers on MPSoCs, DSD 2012
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, Monitoring Properties of Analog and Mixed-Signal Designs, STTT, 2012
· S. Saidi, P. Tendulkar, T. Lepley, O. Maler, Optimizing Explicit Data Transfers for Data Parallel Applications on the Cell Architecture, HiPEAC 2012 Slides
· A. Donze, E. Fanchon, L.M. Gattepaille, O. Maler, Ph.Tracqui, Robustness Analysis and Behavior Discrimination in Enzymatic Reaction Networks, PLoS One 2011
· J.F. Kempf, M. Bozga, O. Maler, Performance Evaluation of Schedulers in a Probabilistic Setting, FORMATS 2011 Slides
· O. Maler, On Under-Determined Dynamical Systems, EMSOFT 2011, Slides
· E. Asarin, A. Donze, O. Maler, D. Nickovic, Parametric Identification of Temporal Properties, RV 2011 Slides
· J. Legriel, O. Maler, Meeting Deadlines Cheaply, ECRTS 2011
· G. Frehse, C. Le Guernic, A. Donze, S. Cotton, R. Ray, O. Lebeltel, R. Ripado, A. Girard, T. Dang, O. Maler, SpaceEx: Scalable Verification of Hybrid Systems, CAV 2011
· S. Cotton, J. Legriel, O. Maler, On Universal Search Strategies for Multi-Criteria Optimization Using Weighted Sums, CEC 2011
· T. Dang, C. Le Guernic, O. Maler, Computing Reachable States for Nonlinear Biological Models, Theoretical Computer Science 2011 Slides
· J. Legriel, C. Le Guernic, S. Cotton, O. Maler, Approximating the Pareto Front of Multi-Criteria Optimization Problems, TACAS 2010
· O. Maler, On the Krohn-Rhodes Cascaded Decomposition Theorem,
Time for Verification, Essays in Memory of Amir Pnueli, 2010
Time for Verification, Essays in Memory of Amir Pnueli, 2010
· R. Ben Salah, M. Bozga, O. Maler, Compositional Timing Analysis, EMSOFT, 2009. Old informal version Slides
· A. Degorre, O. Maler, On Scheduling Policies for Streams of Structured Jobs, FORMATS, 2008
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, A. Pnueli, Checking Temporal Properties of Discrete, Timed and Continuous Behaviors, Trakhtenbrot Festschrift, 2008
· O. Maler, On Optimal and Reasonable Control in the Presence of Adversaries, IFAC Annual Reviews in Control, 2007. Slides Version francaise/French version
· A. Donze, O. Maler, Systematic Simulation using Sensitivity Analysis, HSCC, 2007 Slides
· S. Cotton, O. Maler, Fast and Flexible Difference Logic Propagation for DPLL(T), SAT, 2006. Slides
· A. Girard, C. Le Guernic, O. Maler, Efficient Computation of Reachable Sets of Linear Time-Invariant Systems with Inputs, HSCC 2006. Slides
· Y. Abdeddaïm, E. Asarin, O. Maler, Scheduling with Timed Automata, Theoretical Computer Science, 2006.
· P. Caspi, O. Maler, From Control Loops to Real-Time Programs, Handbook of Networked and Embedded Control Systems, 2005.
· O. Maler, Control from Computer Science, IFAC Annual Reviews in Control, 2003. Slides
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, P. Caspi, Timed Regular Expressions, The Journal of the ACM, 2002.
· O. Maler, Guest Editorial: Verification of Hybrid Systems, European Journal of Control, 2001
E. Asarin, O. Bournez,
T. Dang, O. Maler, A. Pnueli,
Synthesis of Switching Controllers for Linear Systems, Proc. of
the IEEE, 2000.
· O. Bournez, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Orthogonal Polyhedra: Representation and Computation, HSCC, 1999
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, As Soon as Possible: Time Optimal Control for Timed Automata, HSCC, 1999
· M. Bozga, O. Maler, On the Representation of Probabilities over Structured Domains, CAV 1999. Slides
· O. Maler, A Unified Approach for Studying Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, CDC, 1998.
· T. Dang, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis via Face Lifting, HSCC 1998
· A. Bouajjani, J. Esparza, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis of Pushdown Automata: Application to Model-Checking, CONCUR 1997.
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, A.Pnueli, Symbolic Controller Synthesis for Discrete and Timed Systems, Hybrid Systems II, 1995
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, A.Pnueli, Reachability Analysis of Dynamical Systems having Piecewise-Constant Derivatives, TCS, 1995 Slides
· O. Maler, A.Pnueli, On the Learnability of Infinitary Regular Sets, Information and computation, 1995 Slides
· O. Maler, Hybrid Systems and Real-World Computations, unpublished, 1992
· O. Maler, Why should we Develop Artificial Worms and How?, unpublished, 1990
· O. Maler, A. Pnueli, On the Cascaded Decomposition of Automata, its Complexity and Application to Logic, unpublished, 1988-1994
· Thao Dang, Verification and Synthesis of Hybrid Systems (with E. Asarin), October 2000
· Yasmina Abdeddaïm, Scheduling with Timed Automata (with E. Asarin), November 2002
· Moez Mahfoudh, On Satisfiability Checking for Difference Logic (with E. Asarin and P. Niebert), May 2003
· Abdelkarim Kerbaa, Conditional Scheduling Strategies using Timed Automata (with M. Bozga), October 2006
· Alexandre Donze, Trajectory-Based Verification and Controller Synthesis for Continuous and Hybrid Systems (with T. Dang), June 2007
· Ramzi Ben Salah, On Timing Analysis of Large Systems (with M. Bozga), October 2007
· Dejan Nickovic, Checking Timed and Hybrid Properties, October 2008
· Scott Cotton, On some Problems in Satisfiability Solving, June 2009
· Colas Le Guernic, Reachability Analysis of Hybrid Systems with Linear Continuous Dynamics (with A. Girard), October 2009 slides
· Aldric Degorre, On some Quantitative Aspects of Formal Languages (with E. Asarin), October 2009
· Julien Legriel, Multi-Criteria Optimization and its Application to Multi-Processor Embedded Systems October 2011 slides
· Selma Saidi, Optimizing DMA Data Transfers for Embedded Multi-Cores (manuscript 9/8/12) October 2012 slides
· Jean-Francois Kempf, On Computer-Aided Design-Space Exploration for Multi-Cores (manuscript 20/8/12) October 2012 slides
· Pranav Tendulkar, 2013 (Deploying software on multi-core computers)
· Jan Lanik, 2015 (Circuit switching reduction)
· Irini Mens, 2015 (Scalable synthesis)
· Thomas Ferrere, 2016 (Monitoring AMS assertions)
· Abhinav Srivastav, 2016 (Multi-criteria optimization for multi-cores)
· Matthieu Moy, Specification of Timed Behaviors (in French), 2002
· Abdelkarim Kerbaa, Task Graph Scheduling with Timed Automata, 2002
· Alexandre Donze, Studying a Model of a Hybrid Controller (in French), 2003
· Ramzi Ben Salah, Circuit Timing Analysis using Timed Automata (in French), 2003
· Olfa Ben Sik Ali, Simulation of Open Continuous Systems (in French) 2003
· Scott Cotton, Satisfiability Checking with Difference Constraints, 2005
· Colas Le Guernic, Efficient Computation of Reachable Sets for Uncertain Linear Systems (in French), 2005
· Peter Niebert 1999-2001
· Antoine Girard 2005-2006
· Goran Frehse 2005-2006
· Gregory Batt 2006-2007
· Viktor Schuppan 2007-2008
· My Habilitation (a kind of scientific autobiography summarizing my research from 1987 to 2000).
· Workshop: Frontiers in Analog Circuits (FAC) , Salt Lake City, July 14-15, 2011
· Fighting the Clock Explosion Slides Video
· CAV 2009, Grenoble Proceedings
On some Potential Research Contributions to the Multicore Enterprise
· Workshop: Formal Verification of Analog circuits Princeton, NJ, 14/7/2008, Grenoble, France, 26/6/2009
· Workshop: Toward Systems Biology, Grenoble 8-10/10/2007.
· Between Control and Software: Workshop in the honor of Paul Caspi, Grenoble 28/9/2007
· The European IST project PROSYD (Property-based System Design) 2004-2007
· Workshop: Topics in Computation and Control , Santa Barbara 27-28/3/2006 a satellite event of HSCC, 2006
· The European IST project CC (Control and Computation) 2002-2005
· The European IST project AMETIST (Advanced Methods for Timed Systems) 2002-2005
· Workshop on Formal Verification of Analog Circuits April 9th, 2005, Edinburgh, UK (Satellite event of ETAPS) Proceedings
· The workshop Hybrid Sytems: Computation and Control (HSCC03) Prague, April 2003. Some copies of the proceedings are available at an attractive price here.
· Workshop on the Theory and Practice of Timed Systems (held in Grenoble 6-7 April, 2002).
· VHS Project (a European project on the verification of hybrid systems, terminated November 2001).
· HART'97 Workshop (a workshop on hybrid systems which took place at Grenoble).