Research interests: Theory of Automata, Timed and Hybrid Systems, Verification, Synthesis and Monitoring of Systems, Scheduling and Planning, Systems Biology.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Oded Maler was born in 21.2.57 in Haifa, Israel. He obtained his B.A. in Computer Science from the Technion,
· Conference: Perspective on Environmental and Systems Biology, Grenoble, April 13-15, 2015
· Stream Explorer: Deploying Data-Flow Streaming Application on Multi-Cores
· My Habilitation (a kind of scientific autobiography summarizing my research from 1987 to 2000)
· At Least Now Poems (in Hebrew) 1978.
· T. Ferrere, O. Maler, D. Nickovic, D. Ulus, Measuring with Timed Patterns, CAV 2015
· O. Maler, I.E. Mens, Learning Regular Languages over Large Ordered Alphabets, LMCS 2015 Slides
· O. Maler, A. Srivastav Diversity Oriented Local Search for Multi-criteria Optimization (abstract), MCDM 2015
· P. Tendulkar, P. Poplavko, O. Maler, Pipelined Scheduling of Acyclic SDF Graphs using SMT Solvers, IDEA 2015
· P. Tendulkar, P. Poplavko, I. Galanommatis, O. Maler, Many-Core Scheduling of Data Parallel Applications using SMT Solvers, DSD 2014
· J.-F. Kempf, O. Lebeltel, O. Maler, Formal and Informal Methods for Multi-Core Design Space Exploration, QAPL 2014 Slides
· O. Maler, Algorithmic Verification of Continuous and Hybrid Systems, Infinity 2013 Slides
· T. Dang, C. Le Guernic, O. Maler, Computing Reachable States for Nonlinear Biological Models, Theoretical Computer Science 2011 Slides
· E. Asarin, T. Dang, O. Maler, R. Testylier, Using Redundant Constraints for Refinement, ATVA 2010
· O. Maler, G. Batt, Approximating Continuous Systems by Timed Automata, FMSB 2008
· A. Girard, C. Le Guernic, O. Maler, Efficient Computation of Reachable Sets of Linear Time-Invariant Systems with Inputs, HSCC 2006. Slides
· O. Maler, Analog Circuit Verification: a State of an Art, FAC 2005
· B. Krogh, J. Kapinski, O.Maler, O. Stursberg, On Systematic Simulation of Open Continuous Systems, HSCC 2003
· O. Maler, Guest Editorial: Verification of Hybrid Systems, European Journal of Control 2001
· E. Asarin, O. Bournez, T. Dang, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Effective Synthesis of Switching Controllers for Linear Systems, Proc. of the IEEE 2000
E. Asarin, O. Bournez, T. Dang, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis of
Piecewise-Linear Dynamical Systems, HSCC 2000.
O. Maler, A Unified Approach for Studying Discrete and Continuous
Dynamical Systems, CDC 1998. ·
T. Dang, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis via Face Lifting,
HSCC 1998 ·
E. Asarin, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Reachability Analysis of Dynamical
Systems having Piecewise-Constant Derivatives, TCS 1995 Slides
O. Maler, Z. Manna A. Pnueli, From Timed to Hybrid Systems,
Real-Time: Theory in Practice, LNCS 600, Springer 1992. · A Donze, T. Ferrere, O. Maler,
Efficient Robust Monitoring for STL,
Monitoring, Signal Temporal Logic
· O. Maler, A Unified Approach for Studying Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, CDC 1998.
· T. Dang, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis via Face Lifting, HSCC 1998
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Reachability Analysis of Dynamical Systems having Piecewise-Constant Derivatives, TCS 1995 Slides
· O. Maler, Z. Manna A. Pnueli, From Timed to Hybrid Systems, Real-Time: Theory in Practice, LNCS 600, Springer 1992.
· A Donze, T. Ferrere, O. Maler, Efficient Robust Monitoring for STL,CAV 2013 Slides
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, Monitoring Properties of Analog and Mixed-Signal Designs, STTT 2013
· A. Donze, O. Maler, Robust Satisfiability of Temporal Logic over Real-Valued Signals, FORMATS 2010
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, A. Pnueli, Checking Temporal Properties of Discrete, Timed and Continuous Behaviors, Pillars of Computer Science, 2008
· D. Nickovic, O. Maler, AMT: a Property-based Monitoring Tool for Analog Systems, FORMATS 2007 Slides
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, Monitoring Temporal Properties of Continuous Signals, FORMATS/FTRTFT 2004
· J.-F. Kempf, M. Bozga, O. Maler, As Soon as Probable: Optimal Scheduling under Stochastic Uncertainty, TACAS 2013 Slides
· J.-F. Kempf, M. Bozga, O. Maler, Performance Evaluation of Schedulers in a Probabilistic Setting, FORMATS 2011 Slides
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, A. Pnueli, On Synthesizing Controllers from Bounded-Response Properties, CAV 2007 Slides
· O. Maler, D. Nickovic, A. Pnueli, From MITL to Timed Automata, FORMATS 2006
· Y. Abdeddaïm, E. Asarin, O. Maler, Scheduling with Timed Automata, Theoretical Computer Science, 2006.
· S. Cotton, O. Maler, Fast and Flexible Difference Logic Propagation for DPLL(T), SAT 2006. Slides
· R. Ben Salah, M. Bozga, O. Maler, On Interleaving in Timed Automata, CONCUR 2006
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, P. Caspi, Timed Regular Expressions, The Journal of the ACM, 2002.
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, As Soon as Possible: Time Optimal Control for Timed Automata, HSCC 1999
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, On Discretization of Delays in Timed Automata and Digital Circuits, CONCUR 1998.
· O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Timing Analysis of Asynchronous Circuits using Timed Automata, CHARME 1995. (see also)
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Symbolic Controller Synthesis for Discrete and Timed Systems, Hybrid Systems II 1995. See also [MPS95] and [AMPS98]
· J. Legriel, C. Le Guernic, S. Cotton, O. Maler, Approximating the Pareto Front of Multi-Criteria Optimization Problems, TACAS 2010
· O. Maler, On the Krohn-Rhodes Cascaded Decomposition Theorem, Time for Verification, Essays in Memory of Amir Pnueli 2010
Time for Verification, Essays in Memory of Amir Pnueli 2010
· A. Degorre, O. Maler, On Scheduling Policies for Streams of Structured Jobs, FORMATS 2008
· O. Bournez, O. Maler, A. Pnueli, Orthogonal Polyhedra: Representation and Computation, HSCC 1999
· M. Bozga, O. Maler, On the Representation of Probabilities over Structured Domains, CAV 1999. Slides
· E. Asarin, O. Maler, Achilles and the Tortoise Climbing Up the Arithmetical Hierarchy, J. of Computers and Systems Science 1998
· A. Bouajjani, J. Esparza, O. Maler, Reachability Analysis of Pushdown Automata: Application to Model-Checking, CONCUR 1997.
· O. Maler, L. Staiger, On Syntactic Congruences for Omega-Languages, Theoretical Computer Science 1997.
B. Delyon, O. Maler, On the Effects of Noise and Speed on
Computations, Theoretical Computer Science 1994.
O. Maler, A. Pnueli, On the Cascaded Decomposition of Automata,
its Complexity and Application to Logic, unpublished 1988-1994
· E. Pourcelot, N. Mobilia, A. Donze, F. Louis, O. Maler, P. Mossuz, E. Fanchon, JM Moulis,
Cellular Iron Regulation in Animals: Need and Use of
· O. Maler, A. Pnueli, On the Cascaded Decomposition of Automata, its Complexity and Application to Logic, unpublished 1988-1994
· E. Pourcelot, N. Mobilia, A. Donze, F. Louis, O. Maler, P. Mossuz, E. Fanchon, JM Moulis, Cellular Iron Regulation in Animals: Need and Use of Suitable Models, 2014
· S. Stoma, A. Donze, F. Bertaux, O. Maler, G. Batt, STL-based analysis of TRAIL-induced apoptosis challenges the notion of type I/type II cell line classification, PLoS Comp. Biology 2013
· A. Donze, E. Fanchon, L.M. Gattepaille, O. Maler, Ph.Tracqui, Robustness Analysis and Behavior Discrimination in Enzymatic Reaction Networks, PLoS One 2011
· O. Maler, Hybrid Systems and Real-World Computations, unpublished 1992
· O. Maler, Why should we Develop Artificial Worms and How?, unpublished 1990
· Thao Dang, Verification and Synthesis of Hybrid Systems (with E. Asarin), October 2000
· Yasmina Abdeddaïm, Scheduling with Timed Automata (with E. Asarin), November 2002
· Moez Mahfoudh, On Satisfiability Checking for Difference Logic (with E. Asarin and P. Niebert), May 2003
· Abdelkarim Kerbaa, Conditional Scheduling Strategies using Timed Automata (with M. Bozga), October 2006
· Alexandre Donze, Trajectory-Based Verification and Controller Synthesis for Continuous and Hybrid Systems (with T. Dang), June 2007
· Ramzi Ben Salah, On Timing Analysis of Large Systems (with M. Bozga), October 2007
· Dejan Nickovic, Checking Timed and Hybrid Properties, October 2008
· Scott Cotton, On some Problems in Satisfiability Solving, June 2009
· Colas Le Guernic, Reachability Analysis of Hybrid Systems with Linear Continuous Dynamics (with A. Girard), October 2009 slides
· Aldric Degorre, On some Quantitative Aspects of Formal Languages (with E. Asarin), October 2009
· Julien Legriel, Multi-Criteria Optimization and its Application to Multi-Processor Embedded Systems , October 2011 slides
· Selma Saidi, Optimizing DMA Data Transfers for Embedded Multi-Cores, October 2012 slides
· Jean-Francois Kempf, On Computer-Aided Design-Space Exploration for Multi-Cores (with M. Bozga), October 2012 slides
· Pranav Tendulkar, Mapping and Scheduling on Multi-core Processors using SMT Solvers (with P. Poplavko), October 2014 slides
· Jan Lanik 2015 (Circuit switching reduction)
· Irini Mens 2015 (Learning languages over large alphabets)
· Thomas Ferrere 2016 (Monitoring and measuring for analog and mixed-signal circuits)
· Abhinav Srivastav 2016 (Multi-criteria optimization)
· Dogan Ulus 2017 (Monitoring timed regular expressions)
· Hybrid Systems Biology (HSB) 2014 Vienna, July 23-24, 2014
· Fighting the Clock Explosion Slides
· Workshop: Formal and Informal Methods for Correctness and Performance, Marrakech, May 2nd
· Workshop: Toward Systems Biology, Grenoble 8-10/10/2007.
· Between Control and Software: Workshop in the honor of Paul Caspi, Grenoble 28/9/2007
· Workshop: Topics in Computation and Control , Santa Barbara 27-28/3/2006
· Workshop on the Theory and Practice of Timed Systems (Grenoble 2002).
· HART'97 Workshop (a workshop on hybrid systems, Grenoble)