The timed and hybrid systems group at Verimag is one of the leading teams worldwide in verification, simulation and monitoring of continuous and hybrid cyber-physical systems. The research team, consisting of Oded Maler, Thao Dang and Goran Frehse, has made fundamental contributions to the domain conceptually, mathematically and computationally.
We are looking for a responsible and mature post-doc who can contribute to the group activities including tool development, handling industrial case-studies and developing the underlying theoretical foundations. In particular, the candidate should be able to help in the following projects and topics.
- A project with ST Microelectronics on noise evaluation in analog circuits.
- Industrial projects with Toyota, United Technologies and Bosch on test generation and falsification for hybrid systems.
- Application of the reachability tool SpaceEx to power generation and distribution models.
The more precise work specification will depend on the candidate’s interests and qualification which should be a significant subset of the following:
- PhD in CS, EE or Applied Mathematics.
- Acquaintance with Control, Signal Processing, Dynamical systems and Optimization
- Acquaintance with one of the following application domains: automotive, circuit design, HVAC, power distribution.
- Knowledge of verification and formal methods: automata, temporal logics, algorithms.
- Programming skills in Java and C++
Verimag laboratory is situated in Grenoble, a hi-tech center in the French Alpes, not far from Lyon, Geneva and Torino. It provides a good and cosmopolite working environment and opportunities to enrich academic and industrial experience, participate in international conferences and meet experts in many aspects of verification and validation of embedded cyber-physical systems. The salary is in the range of 1900-2200 Euros depending on the candidate experience. The position is for two years with possible extension. It is available immediately but the start date can be adapted to the candidate constraints.
Interested candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and a CV to postdoc-hybrid imag.fr