Research Director (Directeur de Recherche DR2) of the CNRS (French National Center
for Scientific Research)
Member of Steering Committee of the Research Action SIM (Modeling and Simulating the physical world) of PERSYVAL (Excellence Laboratory)
Contact information: Office 3, Verimag, Centre Equation - 2, avenue de
Vignate 38610 GIERES France
Tel: +33 4 56 52 03 83; Fax: +33 4 56 52 03 44; email@example.com
Main research interests:
Hybrid/Embedded Systems, Automated design, Formal verification, Control
synthesis, and other topics such as computational geometry and
PhD and Master proposals
PhD thesis proposal (Proposition de these doctorale): Abstract Domains for Hybrid Systems Verification, starting in January 2014 (description)
Master project proposal (Proposition de Master): Reachability computation for polynomial systems using the Bernstein expansion (Calcul d'atteignabilité de systemes dynamiques polynomiaux en utilisant l'expansion de Bernstein) (description)
HSB Hybrid Systems and Biology HSB 2013, Sept 2013, Taormina (Italy), Program co-chair with
Carla Piazza (University of Udine).
Frontiers in Analog CAD, FAC 2013, Feb 14-15 2013, Berkeley (CA), Program co-chair with
Elad Alon (University of California, Berkeley, USA) and Chandramouli Kashyap (Intel Corporation, USA).
Conference HSCC 2012 Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (Program co-chair with Ian Mitchell from Univ of British Columbia, Canada).
NLToolBox - Library of reachabilility algorithms for nonlinear dynamical systems
Hybrid Systems Test Generation Tool
Previous employment: Postdoctoral research associate, Computer& Information Dept, University of Pennsylvania, USA, 2001.
- Habilitation, Jan 2010.
- PhD, 2000 (Verimag, INPG).
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur and M.Sc. in
Electrical Engineering (Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Ingénieurs Electriciens ENSIEG).
- Engineer Degree in Instrumentation (Hanoi National Polytechnic Institute).
- Vikas Jaiman, since Jan 2014.
- Tommaso Dreossi, joint thesis with University of Udine (Italy),
since March 2013.
- Romain Testylier, PhD thesis title: Reachability Analysis of Non-linear Dynamical Systems,
defended in December 2012.
- Tarik Nahhal,
PhD thesis title: Model-Based
Testing of Hybrid Systems, defended in October 2007.
- Alexandre Donzé,
PhD thesis title: Trajectory-based
Verification and Controller Synthesis for Continuous and Hybrid Systems
(co-advisor with Oded Maler), defended in June 2007
- Coordinator of ANR-INS Project MALTHY - Algebraic Methods for Timed and Hybrid
Systems, 2014 - 2017 (other partners: CEA-LIST, INRIA
Rennes, MAX-PLUS INRIA, Object Direct)
- Local Coordinator of ANR-BLANC Project COMPACS - COmputer Aware Control Systems,
2014 - 2017 (partners: Laboratoire LJK, CRAN Nancy)
- Coordinator of Industrial Funding from Toyota TEMA (USA), Model-Based Design of
Embedded Systems, 2013 - 2014
- Coordinator of AGIR fund (2013-2016) Contract-based Design of Cyber-Physical Systems
- Local coordinator of ANR project : VEDECY
Verification of Cyber-Physical Systems, 2009-2011
- Coordinator of ANR SETIN project : VAL-AMS High
confidence of Validation of Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuits, 2007-2009
- Coordinator of ATIPS project (STIC) Testing of Hybrid Systems, 2005 - 2006
- Participation in European IST project Prosyd
- Property-based System Design, European IST project CC - Control and
Control and Observation of Real-Time Open Systems, ACI
Member of Conference Program
SummerSim 2014 (Summer Simulation Multi-Conference), MOCHAP 2014 (Int.
Workshop on Model Checking and Automated Planning), QAPL 2014 (12th Int.
Workshop on Quantitative Aspects of Programming Languages and Systems), HAS
2014 (4th Workshop on Hybrid Autonomous Systems), HSB 2014 (3rd Int. Worshop
on Hybrid Systems and Biology), ARCH 2014 (Int. Workshop on Applied
Verification for Continuous and Hybrid Systems), CyPhy 2014 (4th Workshop on
Design, Modeling and Evaluation of Cyber Physical Systems), ATVA 2013 (11th
Int. Symposium. on Automated Technology for Verifcation and Analysis), HSCC
2013 (Int. Conference Hybrid System: Computation and Control), ICTAC 2013
(10th Int. Colloquium on Theoretical Asspect of Computing)