Professor, Universirsité Grenoble Alpes (UGA)
Phone: +33 (0)4 38 78 28 06
Fax: +33 (0)4 56 52 03 44
My research activity focuses on rigorous system design as a coherent and accountable process aimed at building cost-effectively systems of guaranteed quality. The aim is to provide the theoretical underpinnings, methods and tools for moving from empirical approaches to a well-founded discipline. I study system design as a formal systematic process supported by a methodology based on strategies consisting of a set of steps leading from requirements to an implementation.
ArrowHead - ARTEMIS AIPP, European, 2013-2017
Arrowhead is addressing efficiency and flexibility at the global scale by means of collaborative automation for five application verticals.
That means production (manufacturing, process, energy), smart buildings and infrastructures, electro-mobility and virtual
market of energy.
CITADEL - H2020-DS-2015-1 Research and Innovation Framework Programme, 2016-2019.
The project expects to achieve in its final phase the demonstration of the capabilities of the adaptive MILS technology
in several industrial contexts and application scenarios, and lay the technical foundations for a certification
framework for the use of adaptive MILS components and systems in critical infrastructure applications.
Transatlantic CPS Summit CT-2014-1c, Coordination & Support Action, European,
2014-2016 Facilitating and promoting EU-US strategic research cooperation in the area of engineering Cyber-Physical Systems.
CPSE Labs - H2020-CPS Engineering Labs Innovation Experiment, 2015-2016.
Rigorous framework for developing and validating robotic applications. One objective of this project is to allow verification and
validation of robotic systems at different design levels and thus reach a high degree of maturity at as low as possible cost.
Early discovery of bugs can play a crucial part in reducing design costs for robotic application. Another objective is to provide rigorous
software engineering techniques and tools for correct-‐by-‐construction development of robotic applications.
- ESRoCOS (NEW) - H2020
- ERGO (NEW) - H2020
- SUCCESS (NEW) CHIST-ERA project-SecUre aCCESSibility for the internet of things. The core idea of SUCCESS is to use methods and tools with a proven track record to provide more transparency of security risks for people in given IoT scenarios. Our core scientific innovation will consist on the extension of well-known industry-strength methods in our priority areas. Our technological innovation will provide adequate tools to address risk assessment and adaptavity within IoT in healthcare environments and an open source repository to foster future reuse, extension and progress in this area. Our project will validate the scientific and technological innovation through pilots, one of which will be in collaboration with a hospital and will allow all stakeholders (e.g. physicians, hospital technicians, patients and relatives) to enjoy a safer system capable to appropriately handle highly sensitive information on vulnerable people while making security and privacy risks understandable and secure solutions accessible.
MoSATT-CMP - ESA ITT 1-ITT 1-7646/13/NL/JK, 2014-2016.
Model-based Schedulability Analysis Techniques and Tools for Cached and Multicore Processors.
SARGON - ESA AO/1-8355/15/NL/SFe, 2015-2017.
The objectives of SARGON are to:
- produce an assessment of a number of the most-used Open-Source robot controller software (OSRCS) with respect to a number of space application requirements;
- identify the most promising robot controller software (RCS);
- implement and deliver a reference implementation of the RCS.
ACOSE - BGLE, Invesstisment d’avenir<, 2011-2014.
ACROSS - European IST, FP7, ARTEMIS JU, 2010-2013.
An example for plastic e-service
ASCENS - European IST, FP7-ICT-2009-5 project number : 257414 , 2010-2014.
CERTAINTY - - European IST, FP7, 2011-2013
CHAPI - FUI, 2010-2013.
COMBEST - FP7 IST STREP 215543, 2008-2010.
CyPhERS - European FP7, Support Action, 2013-2015.
D-MILS - European STREP FP7, 2012-2015.
ManycoreLabs - BGLE, Investissement d’avenir, 2012-2015.
MARAE - FNRAE, 2008-2010.
MIND Minalogic, 2008-2010.
PRO3D - European IST, 2009-2012
SMECY - European IST, FP7, ARTEMIS JU, 2010-2013.
Recent publications (in 2015) [all] [dblp] [google scholar]
- Souha Ben Rayana, Lacramioara Astefanoaei, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga, Jacques Combaz: Compositional Verification for Timed Systems Based on Automatic Invariant Generation. Logical Methods in Computer Science 11(3) (2015).
- Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga, Jean Quilbeuf, Joseph Sifakis: Optimized distributed implementation of multiparty interactions with Restriction. Sci. Comput. Program. 98: 293-316 (2015)
- Yliès Falcone, Mohamad Jaber, Thanh-Hung Nguyen, Marius Bozga, Saddek Bensalem: Runtime verification of component-based systems in the BIP framework with formally-proved sound and complete instrumentation. Software and System Modeling 14(1): 173-199 (2015)
- Ayoub Nouri, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga, Benoît Delahaye, Cyrille Jégourel, Axel Legay: Statistical model checking QoS properties of systems with SBIP. STTT 17(2): 171-185 (2015)
- Joseph Sifakis, Saddek Bensalem, Simon Bliudze, Marius Bozga: A Theory Agenda for Component-Based Design. Software, Services, and Systems 2015: 409-439
- Peter Poplavko, Dario Socci, Paraskevas Bourgos, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga: Models for deterministic execution of real-time multiprocessor applications. DATE 2015: 1665-1670
- Martin Törngren, Saddek Bensalem, John A. McDermid, Roberto Passerone, Alberto L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Bernhard Schätz: Education and training challenges in the era of Cyber-Physical Systems: beyond traditional engineering. WESE 2015: 8:1-8:5
- Najah Ben Said, Takoua Abdellatif, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga: A Robust Framework for Securing Composed Web Services. FACS 2015: 105-122
- Dario Socci, Peter Poplavko, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga: Time-Triggered Mixed-Critical Scheduler on Single and Multi-processor Platforms. HPCC/CSS/ICESS 2015: 684-687
- Lavindra de Silva, Rongjie Yan, Félix Ingrand, Rachid Alami, Saddek Bensalem: A Verifiable and Correct-by-Construction Controller for Robots in Human Environments. HRI 2015: 281
- Dario Socci, Peter Poplavko, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga: A Timed-Automata Based Middleware for Time-Critical Multicore Applications. ISORC Workshops 2015: 1-8
- Dario Socci, Peter Poplavko, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga: Multiprocessor Scheduling of Precedence-constrained Mixed-Critical Jobs. ISORC 2015: 198-207
- Ahlem Triki, Jacques Combaz, Saddek Bensalem: Optimized distributed implementation of timed component-based systems. MEMOCODE 2015: 30-35
- Lacramioara Astefanoaei, Souha Ben Rayana, Saddek Bensalem, Marius Bozga, Jacques Combaz: Compositional Verification of Parameterised Timed Systems. NFM 2015: 66-81
- Ahlem Triki, Borzoo Bonakdarpour, Jacques Combaz, Saddek Bensalem: Automated Conflict-Free Concurrent Implementation of Timed Component-Based Models. NFM 2015: 359-374
- H. Guesmi, B. Ben Hedia, S. Bliudze, S. Bensalem, and J. Combaz: Towards time-triggered component-based system models,” in The Tenth International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA), 2015.