We look at computational and analytical models for non-functional properties of embedded systems.
The project pursues a dual approach, combining fundamental work with methods and tools for rigorous embedded systems design.
The fundamental work in COMBEST studies component-based design, by tackling two main problems :
- Developing frameworks for the composition of heterogeneous components.
- For such frameworks, develop theory allowing constructivity : inferring global properties of a system from the properties of its components. The methods and tools developed use results of the theoretical work, to ensure a rigorous design for heterogeneous systems. The tools cover modelling, verification, and performance analysis. Their use is supported by a global design methodology. In addition, we use two case studies, provided by industrial partners, to evaluate applicability of the tools.
Download the project leaflet here.
— Joseph Sifakis
— Bruno Bouyssounouse
— Saddek Bensalem
— Barbara Jobstmann
- IAI - Israeli Aircraft Industry
- EADS/Innovation Works (Germany)
- OFFIS e.V., Oldenburg, Germany
- TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Università degli Studi di Trento
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland