The Rigorous System Design team at Verimag Laboratory (http://www-verimag.imag.fr/rsd.html), France, is offering 4 Post-doc positions. We are looking for responsible and mature post-doc who can contribute to the group activities including tool development, handling industrial case-studies and developing the underlying theoretical foundations. In particular, the candidate should be able to help in the following projects and topics:
- EU H2020 project ERGO: European Robotic Goal-Oriented Autonomous Controller - The specific objective of ERGO is to deliver the most advanced but flexible space autonomous framework/system suitable for single and/or collaborative space robotic means/missions (orbital and surface rovers) demanding robust operations with adaptable levels of autonomy.
- EU H2020 project ESROCOS: European Space Robotics Control and Operating System - The specific objective of ESROCOS is to develop an open source framework for Robot Control Operating Software (RCOS) including adequate features and performance up to space-grade RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety).
The more precise work specification in the above projects will depend on the candidate’ interests and qualification which should be a significant subset of the following:
- PhD in CS, EE or Applied Mathematics.
- model-based design and verification of safety-critical systems: formal methods, formal modeling and verification, model-checking, safety, dependability, reliability analysis,
- design and implementation techniques for real-time systems: timed models, scheduling algorithms, real-time analysis techniques, performance analysis, real-time operating systems, real-time applications, autonomous systems
- Programming skills in Java, C, C++
Verimag Laboratory is situated in Grenoble, a hi-tech center in the French Alps, not far from Lyon, Geneva and Torino. It provides a good and cosmopolite working environment and opportunities to enrich academic and industrial experience, participate in international conferences and meet experts in many aspects of design, verification and validation of embedded cyber-physical systems. The position is for two years with possible extension. It is available immediately but the start date can be adapted to the candidate constraints.
Interested candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and a CV to Saddek.Bensalem imag.fr or/and Marius.Bozga imag.fr.