Instead of trying to optimize existing systems, our approach proposes to rethink systems with the following objectives:
- Frugality in order to limit the direct environmental impact.
- Resilience to prepare digital systems for the upheavals to come.
- Simplicity and "explicability" to allow for the reappropriation of the technologies and the debates around them by the greatest number of people
This research theme includes two types of activities:
- The analysis and understanding of the existing situation:
sources of software obesity, stacking of layers in modern OSes, structure of networks and system connectivity, etc.
- The construction of alternative systems, by taking the liberty of questioning the uses and functionalities, or even the digital nature of the solutions.