Talk To NXT (t2n)
(last revision 2016.07.11)
t2n (Talk to Nxt) is a command line tool for communicating with the
NXT brick through the USB port.
In particular it allows to upload, list, remove nxc files to/from
Pre-compiled versions are provided for Linux (tested on Ubuntu,
Sources are provided under GPL licence; code may compile on any
unix-like, requires libusb and gcc.
t2n version 0.0
usage: t2n [options] | t2n -help
check battery level
print nxt info
-ls : list
-put <file.rxe> : upload file
-get <file.rxe> : download file
-vv : more verbose
-vvv : even more versbose
-help : print help and
-version : print version and return
Download here sources and Linux
- Your linux must have USB support (libusb, libusb-dev)
- However a binary is distributed, it is strongly recommended to
compile the tool from the source: in this case you will need the
gnu/g++, gnu/make and libusb-dev packages installed.
It (probably) compiles and run on
older 32 bits systems.
- t2n is known to compile and run on:
- ubuntu 64 14.04 (trusty)
- debian 64 7.8 (wheezy)
- CentOS 64 6.7
- Setting rights for USB may be tricky. udev mechanism seems to
work well in many Linuces:
- copy 72-lego.rules in
"/etc/udev/rules.d" (must be root)
- warning: the ".rules" syntax depends on the udev version:
you may have to fix it.
Official Lego Mindstorm page