Previously I have been a postdoctoral researcher at Aalto University, Department of Computer Science, where I worked with Prof. Stavros Tripakis on the RCRS framework.
I have defended my Ph.D. on December 3rd, 2014, at University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France. My advisors were Dr. Iulian Ober and Prof. Christian Percebois.
My research focuses on the correct design of real-time, embedded and cyber-physical systems and their related development methodologies.
- ESROCOS: European Space Robotics Control and Operating System - H2020 (2017-2019)
- ERGO: European Robotic Goal-Oriented Autonomous Controller - H2020 (2017 - 2019)
- SARGON: Space Automation & Robotics General Controller - European Space Agency (2017)
- COSMOI: Compositional System Modeling with Interfaces - Academy of Finland and NSF (2015-2017)
Check out the website of the RCRS framework!
- FullMDE: Full Model-Driven Development for On-Board Software - European Space Agency Project (2009-2011)
- OMEGA UML2 - European Space Agency Activity 3-12639 (2009-2010)
Check out the website of the IFx-OMEGA Toolset!
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Computer Science
- VERIMAG, RSD team, France (2017 - ongoing)
- Aalto University, Department of Computer Science, Finland (2015-2017)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (2014)
- Contract-based Modeling and Verification of Timed Safety Requirements in SysML
IRIT - University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France
Defended on December 3rd, 2014
- Prof. Béatrice Bérard (reviewer)
- Prof. Jean-Paul Bodeveix (president of the jury)
- Dr. Susanne Graf
- Dr. Thomas Lambolais
- Prof. Alexander Knapp (reviewer)
- Dr. Iulian Ober (adviser)
- Prof. Christian Percebois (adviser)
- Master Research degree in Computer Science and Telecommunications (2010)
- Semantical Formalization and Verification of Composite Structures
University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France
Adviser: Dr. Iulian Ober
Graduated as valedictorian
- Bachelor degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science (2008)
- Constraint Satisfaction: Comparative Study of Intelligent Backtracking Algorithms
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
Adviser: Prof. Gabriela Czibula
Graduated as valedictorian
My research work is split in three axes:
- rigorous system design with industrially used semi-formal languages such as UML, SysML, Simulink, etc. An application within this research topic consists of the development and implementation of a coherent and sufficient modeling language for real-time systems as a UML/SysML Profile, named OMEGA. I am also contributing and developing a method for correct system design in Simulink, based on performing static and behavioral type checking. I'm equally interested in the correct design of embedded systems with the TASTE framework.
- ensuring the correctness of system designs with respect to the specified requirements – timed, safety or liveness –, namely by model-checking or theorem proving. Within this topic I explore the definition and application of contract-based compositional verification methods for system designs in SysML and Simulink.
- automated synthesis of components for correct-by-construction systems. I am mainly working on an automated formal design of FDIR components in both untimed and timed cases, with application for the BIP framework. Additionally, I am interested in bridging back the gap to semi-formal system designs, both for FDIR components and in general.
Iulia Dragomir, Susanne Graf, Gabor Karsai, Florian Noyrit, Iulian Ober, Damiano Torre, Yvan Labiche, Marcela Genero and Maged Elaasar. Joint Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Model-based Architecting of Cyber-physical and Embedded Systems and 1st International Workshop on UML Consistency Rules (ACES-MB 2015 & WUCOR 2015) co-located with ACM/IEEE 18th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MoDELS 2015), Ottawa, Canada, September 28, 2015, volume 1508 of CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, november 2015.
Florian Noyrit, Susanne Graf and Iulia Dragomir. Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Model Based Architecting and Construction of Embedded Systems (ACES-MB) co-located with the ACM/IEEE 17th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MoDELS), Valencia, Spain, September 30, 2014, volume 1250 of CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, september 2014.
Peer-reviewed international journals
Iulia Dragomir, Iulian Ober and Christian Percebois. Contract-based modeling and verification of timed safety requirements within SysML Software & Systems Modeling, 2015
Ileana Ober, Iulian Ober, Iulia Dragomir and El Arbi Aboussoror. UML/SysML semantic tunnings. Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering, 7(4):257-264, 2011
Peer-reviewed national journals
Éric Conquet, François-Xavier Dormoy, Iulia Dragomir, Alain Le Guennec, David Lesens, Piotr Nienaltowski and Iulian Ober. Modèles système, modèles logiciel et modèles de code dans les applications spatiales. Génie logiciel, 1(97):9-15, june 2011
Peer-reviewed international conferences
Miguel Munoz Arancon, Giuseppe Montano, Malte Wirkus, Kilian Hoeflinger, Daniel Silveira, Nikolaos Tsiogkas, Jerome Hugues, Herman Bruyninckx, Iulia Dragomir, and Ali Muhammad. ESROCOS: a Robotic Operating System for Space and Terrestrial Applications. In ASTRA'17, june 2017
Viorel Preoteasa, Iulia Dragomir and Stavros Tripakis. Type Inference of Simulink Hierarchical Block Diagrams in Isabelle. In FORTE'17, june 2017
Iulia Dragomir, Viorel Preoteasa and Stavros Tripakis. Compositional Semantics and Analysis of Hierarchical Block Diagrams. In SPIN'16, april 2016
Iulia Dragomir, Iulian Ober and Christian Percebois. Safety Contracts for Timed Reactive Components in SysML. In SOFSEM'14, january 2014
Manzoor Ahmad, Iulia Dragomir, Jean-Michel Bruel, Iulian Ober and Nicolas Belloir. Early Analysis of Ambient Systems SysML Properties using OMEGA2-IFx. In SIMULTECH'13, september 2013
Éric Conquet, François-Xavier Dormoy, Iulia Dragomir, Susanne Graf, David Lesens, Piotr Nienaltowski and Iulian Ober. Formal Model Driven Engineering for Space Onboard Software. In ERTS2'12, january 2012
Peer-reviewed international workshops
Iulia Dragomir, Iulian Ober and Christian Percebois. Integrating Verifiable Assume/Guarantee Contracts in UML/SysML. In ACES-MB'13, september 2013
Iulia Dragomir. System to software level model refinement in embedded system design (short paper). In Modeling Wizards'10, september 2010
Iulian Ober and Iulia Dragomir. OMEGA2: A new version of the profile and the tools. In UML&AADL'2010, march 2010.
Peer-reviewed national workshops
Iulia Dragomir, Iulian Ober and Christian Percebois. Safety contracts for reactive timed systems (extended abstract). In Action AFSEC - Journées GDR GPL, april 2013.
Iulia Dragomir. Contract-based Modeling and Verification of Timed Safety Requirements for System Design in SysML. PhD thesis, Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, december 2014.
[full text] [presentation]
Iulia Dragomir. Constraints Satisfaction: Comparative Study of Intelligent Backtracking algorithms.. Diploma thesis, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, "Babes-Bolyai" University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, june 2008.
Iulia Dragomir, Viorel Preoteasa and Stavros Tripakis. The Refinement Calculus of Reactive Systems Toolset. CoRR abs/1710.08195, october 2017
Viorel Preoteasa, Iulia Dragomir and Stavros Tripakis. The Refinement Calculus of Reactive Systems. CoRR abs/1710.03979, october 2017
Viorel Preoteasa, Iulia Dragomir and Stavros Tripakis. Type Inference of Simulink Hierarchical Block Diagrams in Isabelle. CoRR abs/1612.05494, december 2016
Viorel Preoteasa, Iulia Dragomir and Stavros Tripakis. A Nondeterministic and Abstract Algorithm for Translating Hierarchical Block Diagrams. CoRR abs/1611.01337, november 2016
Iulia Dragomir, Viorel Preoteasa and Stavros Tripakis. Translating Hierarchical Block Diagrams into Composite Predicate Transformers. CoRR abs/1510.04873, october 2015
Iulia Dragomir, Iulian Ober and Christian Percebois. Integrating verifiable Assume/Guarantee contracts in UML/SysML. Technical Report IRIT/RT-2013-14-FR, IRIT, july 2013
Iulia Dragomir and Iulian Ober. Well-formedness and typing rules for UML Composite Structures. CoRR, abs/1010.6155, october 2010
Iulia Dragomir. Formal validation of TASTE designs with the BIP framework. In ESROCOS Workshop co-located with ASTRA 2017, june 2017
Iulia Dragomir, Susanne Graf, Gabor Karsai, Florian Noyrit, Iulian Ober. Introduction to ACES-MB 2015 - Model-based Architecting of Cyber-physical and Embedded Systems - In ACES-MB 2015 & WUCOR 2015, september 2015
Iulian Ober and Iulia Dragomir. OMEGA2 Profile & tools for system modelling and verification with UML2.x & SysML. In Journées Neptune, may 2010
- Refresher course on Object Oriented Programming (UPS-FSI, M.S. 1st year, 2013-2015)
- Object Oriented Programming (UPS-FSI, B.S. 3rd year, 2013-2015)
- Teaching associate
- Modeling and Verification of Concurrent Systems (Aalto, M.S. 1st year, 2016/2017)
- Tests and Software Maintenance (UPS-FSI, B.S. 3rd year, 2013/2015)
- Programming Project (UPS-FSI, B.S. 3rd year, 2013-2014)
- Teaching assistant
- Modeling, Design and Object Oriented Programming (UPS-FSI, M.S. 1st year, 2013-2015)
- Test-driven Programming (in C++ and Java) (UPS-IUT A, B.S. 2nd year, 2011-2013)
- Implementation of data structures (UPS-IUT A, B.S. 2nd year, 2010-2011)
- Algorithmics (UPS-IUT A, B.S. 1st year, 2010-2013)
- Programming in C++ (UPS-IUT A, B.S. 1st year, 2010-2013)
- Web Programming (UPS-IUT A, B.S. 1st year, 2010-2011)
- Albert Arockiasamy (M.S. Aalto University, June-Aug. 2015)
Internship topic: QPTL Satisfiability using Projection and Complementation
Mentored with Stavros Tripakis and Viorel Preoteasa
- Samira Barchiche (M.S. Research Universite de Bordeaux I, March - Aug. 2013)
Thesis topic: To K or not to K: Comparison of Two Techniques to Build a Model-Checker
Co-advised with Iulian Ober
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- International Journal of Critical Computer-Based Systems
- 8th International Workshop on Model-based Architecting of Cyber-physical and Embedded Systems (ACES-MB) 2015 (co-chair)
- 7th International Workshop on Model-based Architecting and Construction of Embedded Systems (ACES-MB) 2014 (co-chair)
- NCTCS 2017
- TACAS 2016
- CONCUR 2015
- APSEC 2012, 2013
- SDL Forum 2013
- ACES-MB 2011
- MoDELS 2010
- Co-chair of ACES-MB 2014, 2015
- Local organization of SDL Forum 2013
- Local organization of Modeling Wizards 2010